This position will report to the Director of Internal Audit and will be responsible for leading advanced financial, compliance, operational or efficiency audits of the various departments, support services and business processes within the University.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Conduct investigations into allegations of fraud, misuse or noncompliance with regulations, policies or procedures.
- Possess high standards of integrity and ethical conduct.
- Prepare operations flowcharts, organizational flowcharts, or a narrative of the operation process.
- Prepare formal written reports, expressing opinions on the adequacy and effectiveness of the systems and processes reviewed and the efficiency with which activities are carried out.
- Present formal report to departmental Dean/Director and discuss audit results.
- Review and offer professional advice about processes and practices throughout the entire University system.
- Lead University team of departmental faculty/staff in the analysis of financial records in all reported or discovered fraud situations. Report results to the University administration, law enforcement agencies, and IRS.
- Lead University efforts to recover loss from bonding agencies.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field, and a CPA, CFE, or CIA certification. Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA), Accounting (MPA), Finance (MSF) or related field, and a CPA, CFE or CIA certification is preferred.
Continuing professional education of at least 120 hours every 3 years is required to satisfy professional standards.
Five (5) years of experience in public accounting or in a comprehensive internal audit program in a private or public organization.
Theoretical accounting and auditing work.
Proficiency in the use of microcomputer spreadsheets, database applications, and word processing software.
Application and interpretation of state and federal laws and regulations.
Internal Number: 11004
About West Virginia University
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home
to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of
progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution
one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out
more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at http://hr.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and the recipient of an
NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff and
students, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females,
individuals with disabilities and veterans.